Bridge Street Garage has quickly become a favourite in the expanding Bridge Street dining precinct. Rubbing shoulders with Neil Perry’s Rockpool on George, Mr. Wong’s, and Fratelli Fresh, the Latin American inspired menu of Oscar Gorosito explores the mechanics of food and creates a new twist on an old favourite – the American-style bar and diner.
The diner is an adaptive reuse of a garage space situated in a 1920’s heritage listed Italian Renaissance style building. While the bar addresses Bridge Street through a classical sandstone façade, the restaurant opens onto Bridge Lane.
Constructed in 1928 by CF Duncan & Co. as a match stick factory, this refurbished saw tooth roof warehouse in Abbotsford, Melbourne, is home to the tenth store of leading South African furniture and lifestyle retailer, Weylandts.
Bound by Gipps Street to the South and Harper Street to the North, the island site provides 4000m² of retail destination.
The Walter Reynell Building in The Rocks, Sydney, was built in 1913 as a lithograph printery and warehouse. Saved by the ‘Green ban’ movement of the early 1970’s, it is now heritage listed by SHFA and home to Blackdot’s Sydney office.
The original space features robust timber beams and columns, timber floor joists braced by herringbone strutting and perimeter walls reinforced with heavy brick piers and arches.
Located on the first level of a nine storey 1960’s ‘H’ shaped complex, this waterfront apartment had previously been amalgamated from three separate units, resulting in an inefficient layout with dated finishes.
By simplifying the central access and using pared back classic finishes such as oak parquetry flooring and bespoke joinery, we created gallery like spaces to allow the client’s collection of beautiful antiques, furniture and art to take centre stage.