Manly Pavilion

Built in 1933 by the Manly Steamship Company as a changing facility and tearoom for city bathers arriving by ferry, the heritage listed Manly Pavilion required a carefully considered and adept approach to its restoration and rebuild.

In reinstating the authentic soul and texture of this historic building we removed previous unsympathetic additions, then repaired and replicated the original features such as the tearoom’s original archways, terrazzo staircases, ceramic fountains, urns, tiles and bronze light fittings.

We redesigned a new copper clad entry bridge and new dining pavilion with hardwearing finishes and beautiful detailing as befitting such a grand building. Happily the local penguin colony thrived during the labour intensive restoration.

Team + Patrick Nicholas, SNA, Heritage: NBRS

Hide content